Πέμπτη 23 Ιουλίου 2020

One more second chance

 A couple of months after leaving Santorini, it became apparent to me that I would very much like to return. To work in the hospitality industry is to live a nomadic life and to find a place which you love, which makes you feel like you belong, without having your home there without even meeting the basic criteria which you set for a homebase…. Well, it is rare, it is precious and it cannot be wasted.

 The distance I took from the island, gave me the opportunity to really appreciate it. So I decided to go back. It was all coming along excellent. I was set up for a really good job to the place I chose –not wind up to- when everything changed.

 The pandemic shook the world from its axis and deprived me from the chance of returning. Of seeing the things that I had just looked, of cherishing the things I had taken for granted, of living where I merely used to survive.

 We all know the saying ‘You don’t know what you have until you lose it’. We’ve all experienced it, but did we learn from it? If I’m being honest, no. Rarely do we learn, until it is too late. The question is, do we get a second chance to do it right? That is up to fate, but fate rarely grants us this gift.

The truly good things in life come only once and if we do not appreciate them the moment they’re happening we are doomed to live with the memories. So do it, appreciate them, show it to them, put your ego aside for a moment and deaply, honestly love them. 

 The alternative for me is terifying because I am really not ready to live asking for second chances.
Are you?

KISSES!
E.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου